This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Polyps of the gastrointestinal tract are common and often hard to diagnose by endoscopic or gross examination. Biopsy or polypectomy enables diagnosis and prognostication. This article is by no means encyclopedic, but attempts to discuss the pathology of the more common intestinal polyps.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgical Oncology Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Nodular lymphoid hyperplasia of the intestinal tract in infancy and childhood.J Pediatr Surg. 1985; 20: 25-29
- Nodular hyperplasia of Brunner’s glands of the duodenum.Am J Surg. 1961; 101: 253-257
- Progress in gastroenterology: Genetics of gastrointestinal polyposis.Gastroenterology. 1978; 74: 1325-1330
- Benign lymphomas of the rectum and anal canal: A study of 100 cases.Journal of Pathology and Bacteriology. 1961; 82: 371-382
- Diffuse lymphomatous polyposis of the gastrointestinal tract.Gastroenterology. 1985; 88: 1267-1270
- The gastrointestinal submucosal lipoma: A cause of bleeding and pain.Am J Surg. 1963; 106: 903-909
- Gastric mucosal polyps.Am J Clin Pathol. 1972; 58: 434-444
- Ganglioneuroma of the duodenum: Relationship to nonchromaffin paraganglioma of the duodenum.Am J Surg. 1968; 115: 716-719
- Multiple osteomatosis, fibromas, lipomas and fibrosarcomas of the skin and mesentery, epidermoid inclusion cysts of the skin, leiomyomas and multiple intestinal polyposis: A heritable disorder of connective tissue.N Engl J Med. 1960; 263: 1151-1158
- Glandular duodenal carcinoid: A somatostatin rich tumour with neuroendocrine associations.J Clin Pathol. 1984; 37: 163-169
- Rectal carcinoids: The most frequent carcinoid tumor.Dis Colon Rectum. 1992; 35: 717-725
- Inflammatory fibroid polyp of the gastrointestinal tract.His-topathology. 1978; 2: 349-361
- Villous tumors of the duodenum: A clinicopathology study.Cancer. 1981; 47: 1377-1386
- Inflammatory pseudotumors (inflammatory fibrous polyps) of the esophagus: A clinicopathologic study.Dig Dis. 1975; 20: 475-481
- Gastric polyps: A histogenetic classification and its relation to carcinoma.Cancer. 1965; 18: 721-726
- Intussusception, adenovirus, and children: A brief reaffirmation.Hum Pathol. 1994; 25: 169-174
- Histopathological classification and malignant change in gastric polyps.J Clin Pathol. 1985; 38: 754-764
- Esophageal squamous papillomas: A clinicopathologic study of 38 lesions and analysis for human papillomavirus by the polymerase chain reaction.Am J Surg Pathol. 1993; 17: 803-812
- Multiple duodenal polyps in uraemia: A little known clinical entity.Gut. 1984; 25: 259-263
- Adenomas of the small intestine: A clinicopathologic review of 51 cases and a study of their relationship to carcinoma.Cancer. 1981; 48: 799-819
- Intramucosal carcinoma developing in a hyperplastic gastric polyp.Gastrointest Endosc. 1993; 39: 830-833
- Primary B-cell mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma presenting as a solitary colorectal polyp.Histopathology. 1994; 24: 357-362
- Leiomyomata of the esophagus: An analysis of 838 cases.Cancer. 1976; 38: 2166-2177
- Cystic ’hamartomatous’ gastric polyps: A disorder of oxyntic glands.Histopathology. 1983; 7: 729-737
- The pathology of the gastrointestinal endocrine system.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 1993; 22: 795-821
- Leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas of the small intestine.Cancer. 1955; 8: 101-111
- Bizarre smooth muscle tumors of the stomach.Cancer. 1962; 15: 400-409
- Familial juvenile polyposis Study of akindred: Evolution of polyps and relationship to gastrointestinal carcinoma.Am J Clin Pathol. 1994; 102: 91-97
- Remnant-stump gastric cancer following partial gastrectomy.Hepatogastroenterology. 1992; 39: 27-30
- Gastric carcinoid: A rare form of gastrointestinal carcinoids A report on three cases.Hepatogastroenterology. 1994; 41: 298-301
- Gastric polyps: Histologic types and their relationship to gastric carcinoma.Cancer. 1971; 27: 1346-1355
© 1996 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.